Bike Trade-In Program (BOSTON Only)
Trade in + trade up
Looking for a new bicycle but don't know what to do with your old one? Here's some good news: Landry's BOSTON store now accepts bike trade-ins! Clean up that older bike, bring it to our Boston store for a fast and easy evaluation, and get store credit toward a new bike. See details and guidelines below on Landry's Boston trade-in program.
With Landry's Boston trade-in program, you just bring in your bike and we do the rest. Once we inspect your bike in person, we will provide you with a trade-in quote for store credit toward a new bike. Note that this bike trade-in program is currently available only at Landry's Boston store location.
See our suggestions for other ways to sell a used bike.
How it works
Turning your current bike into store credit toward a new model couldn't be easier. We have a straightforward process that ensures that you receive fair value and helps you avoid the hassle of listing your bike online. Visit or contact Landry's Boston store to learn more.
Dust off your old bike and
bring it to Landry's Boston store.
Shop for a new bike while
we evaluate your trade-in.
Turn your store credit
into a new bike and go ride!
Visit or contact Landry's BOSTON store
Landry's Boston team will be happy to assist with your bicycle trade-in. Note that this trade-in program is available only at Landry's Boston store location.
Find your new bike
Start exploring our bike selection online and get excited for the new possibilities that await when you visit us with your trade-in.
Browse all new bikes at Landry's
Used-bike valuations + condition ratings
We will use historic data, including BicycleBlueBook, to give you a quote on your trade-in. Quotes are good for one week.
When we evaluate your used bike, we will rate the condition from excellent to poor. For a description of used-bike condition ratings, see BicycleBlueBook.com. We do not accept bicycles in poor condition.
Trade-in program guidelines
Landry’s Bicycles in Boston now accepts used bicycles for trade-in value toward a new bike purchase.
- All trade-in bicycles must be in good sellable condition.
- Higher-quality bikes purchased and maintained at professional bicycle stores have the best chance of being accepted for trade. Sorry, department-store bikes don't have much resale value and will not be accepted.
- We accept higher-quality road, mountain, hybrid/city, and kids bikes for trade. We accept complete bikes only; no frames, forks, parts, or accessories. (Due to limited space and capacity, we are not currently accepting trade-ins for motorized bikes, electric bikes, tandems, adult tricycles, hand-cycles, unicycles, or recumbents.)
- Bikes must have the original paint job and identifiable serial number and be in clean usable condition.
- We trade bicycles only for in-store credit (not for cash or other forms of payment).
- In order to evaluate your used bike, we need to see it in person for inspection and assessment. Sorry, we cannot evaluate bikes over the phone or online.
- You must be the owner of the bike. We will not purchase a bike if it belongs to a friend or family member.
- Seller must present a valid government-issued photo ID and a second form of ID matching the name on the first ID (credit/debit card, student ID, etc.) in order to trade in a bicycle.
- Bicycle serial numbers will be checked with the National Bike Registry and the local Police. Identified stolen bikes will be immediately reported to Police.
USED BIKES for sale at Landry's Boston
We have a limited selection of used bikes available for sale at Landry's Boston store. Visit or contact Landry's Boston store for current availability.
Other ways to sell your bike
- Private sale: You can probably get a little more if you sell your used bike privately. Craigslist and eBay can be good resources for selling a bike if you don't mind spending the time writing ads, answering questions, and meeting with potential buyers.
- Consignment Sale events: In the spring, we organize and host one-day Used-Bike Consignment Sales events at Landry's Westboro and Norwood stores to help customers sell their bikes. Watch our website or e-news for Landry's Consignment Sale updates in April and May.